The Earth Observation division of Effigis is looking for a geomatics and remote sensing intern to develop an innovative technological solution that will allow electric utilities to control urban vegetation in a sustainable, environmentally sound, and cost effective way that will reduce their environmental footprint. To do so, we are developing a technology based on very high resolution vertical and oblique aerial images.
Function and responsabilities :
The intern will contribute to the development and improvement of computer software for the extraction of geospatial information essential to the control of vegetation around electricity and telecommunications distribution networks. Depending on the intern’s expertise and abilities, the work will consist of testing and evaluating the performance of tools and methods for the creation, classification and segmentation of aerial images and point clouds created from these aerial images. The intern will also contribute to the automation of the image processing and programming of the computer prototype. This prototype will ultimately be deployed on the Cloud and continuously improved.
The ideal intern is an autonomous, meticulous, curious person with a solid foundation in geomatics, remote sensing, and/or computer science.
Effigis offers :
- the opportunity to develop new knowledge in image and point cloud processing
- access to a multitude of high performance computing resources, including several state-of-the-art image processing and geomatics tools and methods
- access to unique 7.5 cm resolution, high quality aerial images
- A work environment conducive to learning and mentoring throughout your internship
- the opportunity to have a direct impact on the growth of the company and our clients’ operations
- A job opportunity upon graduation
Come live a rewarding experience within a Quebec-based company that has been working in the field of geospatial information for over 30 years.
Internship length :
Duration of 12 weeks, and possibly more, between March and December 2023
Start date to be discussed with the candidate
Work localisation :
In person at our offices in Montreal, or in hybrid mode, depending on the situation
If you are interested in this course, please contact by email coordonnateur du programme DOTS